Wednesday 12 November 2014

Mood-board


 

For me when I put together ideas on film openings I mainly had ideas that involved teenagers or younger people and they had an aspect of romance in them. I looked at several films such as The Lovely Bones, My Sister's Keeper and The Notebook. I focused more on The Notebook as its genre was rom-com whereas the other two had elements of death and dismay in them when I wanted to create an upbeat happy film. 

In this snapshot from The Lovely Bones, I love the fact that the genre of the film is very serious and sensitive yet it can create such a stunning, serial image like this in the film which for a split second can lift the audience's spirit. The contrast between night and day is effective in the way that it shows that life is beautiful and that we shouldn't take it for granted. 





The Notebook storyline focuses on the lives of two individuals which is similar to my idea and that they were destined to be with each other; I wanted to include some flashbacks or calming memories in my film so when I watched films like My Sister's Keeper and The Lovely Bones I noticed that they had titles fade in and out softly, they were simple white fonts and nothing to fancy so that it wouldn't draw the attention away from the point it was trying to put across. Although they did not have a set message and purpose to put across to the audience, they did subtly imply that the feelings and emotions of these teenage characters are real in some cases. 

No comments:

Post a Comment